Job Opportunity at the Philadelphia City Fund: Partnership Manager
The Philadelphia City Fund is looking to grow its team by hiring a full-time Partnership Manager.
About the Fund
The Philadelphia City Fund (“the Fund”) is an independent 501(c)(3) organization which serves as the fiscal sponsor for the City of Philadelphia and leverages public-private partnerships in collaboration with the City, the philanthropic community, and the residents of Philadelphia. PCF manages approximately $27 million in philanthropic and private funding on behalf of municipal projects. It provides City departments with the fiscal and administrative infrastructure necessary to launch pilot programs and to experiment with new and innovative approaches to Philadelphia’s challenges both on the ground in our communities and within City Hall.
As a key partner in advancing the City’s priorities, we envision a cohesive, vibrant, supportive, equitable Philadelphia where all residents can prosper.
- We value transparency, integrity, and efficiency in our stewardship of resources.
- We value Collaboration, Diversity, Inclusion, Equity.
- We value the power of the community in addressing the needs of our residents.
- We see philanthropy as a powerful tool to help serve the many needs in our community.
The Partnership Manager oversees a specific portfolio of fiscal sponsorship program accounts, building relationships with City Department clients to implement policies and procedures, ensure compliance with funder requirements, support new or evolving program funding strategy, and ensure transparent and effective implementation of grant dollars. The Partnership Manager will be a proactive, process-driven, and trusted partner to City departments in supporting the complete grant life cycle, in alignment with the Fund’s policies and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively plan, organize, and manage a portfolio of fiscal sponsorship programs.
- Manage projects with an adaptable and innovative mindset.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners.
- Assist in developing effective fiscal sponsorship strategies in partnership with internal and external partners.
- Contribute to the drafting, negotiation, and execution of contracts and other legal agreements.
- Implement onboarding and trainings with partners to share and reinforce operating policies.
- Work in conjunction with Finance staff to build-out reporting infrastructure and maintain positive fiscal stewardship of funds.
- Support Finance Manager to ensure program payments are made appropriately & promptly.
- Support submission to funders of progress reports, evaluations, and other materials as needed
- Review programs regularly and follow up appropriately with dormant accounts.
- Collaborate with staff to identify and solve problems.
- Utilize financial and grantmaking portals to prepare, run, and maximize reports.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- Experience with grants management work, including compliance, due diligence, and all activities needed to successfully execute and evaluate grants from both public and private funders, or grant management or project management experience in a related field, such as fundraising. Experience with procurement and contract management a plus.
- A thorough understanding of and commitment to the City of Philadelphia, its challenges and opportunities, and the role of the philanthropic and social sectors.
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 and comfort with or ability to learn other systems
- Vendor and client relations experience.
- Strong project management and time management skills. Strict attention to detail, highly organized, and efficient.
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communications skills.
Salary commensurate with experience. The Philadelphia City Fund also offers a competitive benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance, as well as participation in the Fund’s 403(b) retirement savings program.
This position is a hybrid role located in Philadelphia, PA. Applicants should have the ability to attend in-office work days weekly.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.